Fafarua Private Island - Tikehau
City: Beds: 3 | Baths: 1 | Sleeps: 8
- Category: Private island
- Beds: 3
- Baths: 1
- Sleeps: 8
- Unit Size: 2368 sq feet
Fafarua Private Island is a small islet belonging to Tikehau atoll located in the heart of the Tuamotu archipelago at only 50 min flight from Tahiti main Island.
Tikehau atoll is known for its pink sand beaches made of coral and shells powder. It is also very popular for diving, fishing and exploring the wildlife such as birds.
When renting this property the whole islet is exclusively yours! and it offers all inclusive services!
Rate published is for 2 person stay. All supplementary person will lead to an additional charge upon request.
All-inclusive rate includes:
- Transfers from the airport in TIKEHAU by car, then boat (about 30 minutes), and return
- Accommodation and use of the exclusive private island
- 3 meals a day, water, coffee, tea, homemade lemonade
- The use of kayaks and stand-up paddle boards
- The provision of the boat with its driver for excursions within the atoll and at the channel outside the days of departure and arrival.
Rate does not include:
- Sodas, juices, and alcoholic beverages will be charged extra.
- Internet access that is done through access cards to the WDG Hotspot network. Access cards can be purchased on site
- The use of service for scuba diving, deep sea fishing, or other
Facilities available to guests include a main house, a Fare pote'e (outdoor lounge), a sanitary “fare” (house) with bathroom, toilet and laundry.
The house has been designed in the respect of the typical architecture of the Tuamotu islands: a wooden structure, plywood and sheet-metal roofs, and has several levels.
It has three bedrooms. An upstairs bedroom, equipped with a double bed. The other two bedrooms each have a double bed and a single bed. The rooms are simple and colorful, airy and well-ventilated through natural ventilation, equipped with mosquito nets, fans and cupboards.
A study area, a library and a storage space are on the same intermediate.
The lounge is a very open space, including a U-shaped settee, that may provide six extra sleeping places. The dining area has a table for eight. The kitchen is open and fully equipped. The set is a comfortable family home, very open and friendly.
The “Fare potee“ (outdoor lounge), which is a covered area a few metres from the kitchen, is made of a wooden structure, with a roof made of coconut palms, and has a space for grilling. It is suitable to be used as a reception lounge, and it is a friendly place where people like to meet.
A few meters from the house is the bathroom space. It has shower and washbasin in a partially covered area overlooking a natural garden in the open. Nearby are two toilets with their sink and a covered space with a washing machine and dryers.
All of these facilities were built by the owners over the last decades, for their personal use, according to local standards adapted to the life in the Tuamotu. Renovation work to bring infrastructure up to the standards of modern hospitality were made the end of 2013, and allowed to provide both tropical, and comfortable and modern housing conditions.
Thus, although only 25 minutes by boat from the nearest village, you will have running water (hot and cold water), electricity, ceiling fans, mobile telephone network and internet.
Away from the beach and the house, inside the "motu", there is a small residential home for the staff which ensures a constant presence.
The boat of the motu can accommodate 8 passengers and is available for guests to organize as they wish all trips inside the lagoon and around the pass.
Multiple sites have an undeniable tourist interest and the boat driver can take those who want to:
- the bird island
- meet the Manta Rays
- Visit the channel fish pens
- Browse the pink sand beaches
- Explore the ancient village on the long island at the opposite of the atoll (called "secteur")
- Visit the motu where the actual village is
- Visit the organic farming community on the EDEN motu
- Other ...
These free excursions can be organized upon request, depending on the weather and sea conditions, and are available only to guests of the motu. Schedules and destinations are flexible and will be established as you wish. Picnics can be provided.
Additional tours can be arranged such diving or fishing at extra fees.
- Double Bed
- Fans in bedrooms
- Single beds
- Internet Connection
- Included Items And Services
- Beach Chair Svc
- Linens Provided
- Inside Amenities
- Bath and shower amenities
- Dining and Livingroom
- Kitchen Equipment
- Coffee machine
- Eat-in Kitchen
- Essential groceries (salt, pepper)
- Essential household detergents
- Pots & pans
- Other Amenities
- Sofa beds
- Outside Amenities
- Charcoal barbecue
- Patio Furniture
- Private dock
- Snorkelling gear
- Suitable for Children
- View And Location
- Ocean View